Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Graduation Day!

Yep... I am finally almost completely done with school. At the current moment I have exactly 12 days and 22 hours until my semester is officially over, but luckily for me my last class is in 7 days and 15 hours.


Graduation was better than I thought it would be...
Speakers were good and short, the rain stayed to a nice light sprinkle, and the man stating names almost said my name entirely correct. It was even better with family there to cheer me on.



Apparently the color of the tassel above is not gold, nor is it brown, it is "drab". At least that's what HPU gives it's Business majors.  

I can't help but feeling a little odd though... aren't I supposed to feel like a grown up yet? Isn't graduating supposed to be the ultimate step into "adulthood"(whatever that is). Maybe marriage was supposed to be that, I guess I didn't get the memo. Maybe being an adult means you have mastered the art of being dull at exactly the right time... or even learning that even though you don't want to do something, *cough* laundry *cough*, you should just do it because it needs to be done eventually.


Noooooow that I have bored you to tears with my awful monologue... on to the good stuff!


NEWS TIME!!!
Allison and Michelle came and stayed out here for a good amount of time, and unfortunately the sun came out maybe twice the entire time they were here. The ONLY WEEK in Hawaii history that the sun did not show it's face for more than 2 days in a row, was the week they came to "get away" from the somewhat awful Utah weather.


We did however see many awesome things, attempt to hike to a waterfall and fail, be pelted with rain coming UP a mountain, and chill at the beach despite the cloudy sky. Overall, very fun.

Then my Mom, Dad, and aunt Aleigh came out... and the only day the weather sucked was the day of my outside graduation ceremony. 

Figures.

My mom and Aleigh were out and about most of the time driving around and seeing Hawaii, while my dad and I were stuck inside being responsible and working on work/homework. *Sigh* Unfortunately we probably aren't the greatest for each other's productivity seeing as we would find ourselves on tangents for an hour or two every day.

We snorkeled, hiked, beached, drove, and ate usually while poor Jamison was working. :( 

Jamison, however, is officially being promoted to Corporal in about 5 hours. *Proud Wife*


Which means he is officially an NCO. He's pretty excited about it, and I get to go to his ceremony this morning and film so stay tuned for cool picts of him. 


And last, In 8 days I will be returning to Utah to get some well earned vacation time and to see family!

It's a terribly overdue trip, and I am super excited to see everyone!!! Possibly even look at houses, eat cafe rio and olive garden since Hawaii is "too cool" to have those,  and shop for clothes (I miss outlets SO much).


Well... thats all folks. :) Have a wonderful week.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, this is good. Is this just Ari's blog (Tarrant's) or for both (Tarrants'). Just sayin'... Mainly because now you are a big college grad, you need to be aware of those things. (Hee hee hee hee)

    I'm glad you are doing this, though. It's more information than just those tiny facebook "comments" that leave more questions than answers. I just miss you, and am glad to hear/see more from you!

    Love you, Darlin'. Can't wait to see you.

    Congrats to Jamison, too! Yay! Corporal is MUCH better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on graduation Ari!! And Corporal for Jamison, so exciting for both of you :) If you do figure out that "grown up" moment, let me know... I haven't found it yet either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I woke up this morning wondering when I got a minivan... wasn't that supposed to be a motorcycle? Yeah, I'm still shocked by some of the grownup things I do. It's all fake, I know it.

    ReplyDelete