Monday, August 23, 2010

Lazy Sunday? I wish...

Howdy Everyone!
Jamison and I have been lounging around lately during the weekends. Somehow, Hawaii weather knows its a weekend because the sun is never out on the days you can actually go to the beach.
Speaking of Beach...
I figured I would give everyone who hasn't quite made it to the islands (or who has but stayed in Waikiki...) a tour of our favorite beaches so you can know where to go when you make it out here to Oahu.
This may be boring...  heads up.

First... One of Jamison's and Mine's favorite beaches...
This is Mokapuu Beach.
It is quite the drive from base, and our old apartment. We would make the drive almost every weekend just go to and play in the huge waves in the fall and winter. We took pictures here for HPU dance team as well. 
You can see the light house on the mountain (it's off to the right if the picture was bigger) and next to a cool hike that lets you see most of the eastern edge of the island. 

Beach Choice number 2...


This is Bellows.
Bellows is technically an Air Force base, and is never open to the public on week days. Starting on Friday's however, it opens a portion of it to the public and opens the rest of to military. Bellows is notorious for jellyfish, so if you see a blue thing on the ground don't touch it. I haven't been so lucky to get stung by one yet, but Jamison stepped on one last time we were there and it wrapped around his ankle. He said it stings like a bugger so poke it with a stick or something... and try not to step on it.

Beach choice number 3..
 
This is Fort Hase (ha-see)
Its really not the best swimming beach, or even lay out beach, but its about a 2 minute walk from my house so its awesome. I love this beach because its close, and skipper LOVES to play in the water. Lots of beaches aren't dog friendly here so its nice to have one close that he can run around on. Its weird to me to have one so close. Sometimes I'll walk down and sit on this cement road block thing and just watch the waves. Its SO gorgeous. 
This is if you look the other way on Fort Hase. Somewhere that way is Utah :) At least thats what I like to think when I'm sitting there. 

Beach Choice number 4...

North Shore is a lot of the island... but I think this is called Waimea bay?
Jamison and I usually just decide to go to "North Shore" and end up stopping at whatever beach either has A) the most parking or B) the most waves. We have gone to this particular one a couple times... and people always jump off that rock thingy in the picture. Neither one of us have actually tried it yet. 
The picture makes it look as awesome as it is though. I feel like I'm in a sandals commercial or something whenever we head over here. The water is always SO blue and it always feels like we're on vacation.

Well. Other than planning on going to the beach this weekend, and not going because of the cloudy-ness of the windward side, this week has been pretty boring. I guess boring is good right? It means nothing is going wrong. 

Gnight!

2 comments:

  1. Ari I am SO jealous!!! I would LOVE to be able to walk to the beach and just watch the waves. I would LIVE there! I find it so relaxing! I am glad that you get to experience that. You sound like you are happy and enjoying your new life. Awesome!!! And don't worry, your post was NOT boring at all! Gorgeous pictures!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok. Brag. YAY a BLOG! I love blogs because then I can see what my distant favorite relations and friends are doing. I'm linking to you on my blog starting NOW. Keep this one going so I can see what is going on in your life, your dog's life, your husband's dog's life, and also your husband's life. And anything else you want to share.

    ReplyDelete