Friday, August 20, 2010

Welcome to Blog Attempt Number 2

Welcome!
I have started at least 5 of these, and hopefully this one will catch on now that I have a crafty new background.

Jamison and I live in Hawaii in a house on a military base.



 Although I love being near his work, and seeing  all the military-ish stuff (which is total culture shock to me since I really know nothing about the military and even less about the marine corps), base is like the biggest small town you will ever live in. Everyone knows everyone else, and most everyone hates at least one other person and loves to tell you about it.

Jamison is a k9 (dog) handler.
His dog's name is Bingo... and he will eat you.
He is the biggest dog in the kennels, but I guess it works out well because Jamison the tallest and biggest handler. The picture is bellows, its one of the nicer beaches here on Oahu, but it's only open on weekends due to training. Some of it isn't open to the public ever, and only military families are allowed. I kind of feel like Im an elite club sometimes. We get our own grocery stores, our own McDonalds, our own everything. I think that Jamison and I would never leave base if there weren't amazing beaches up near north shore.

We also have a dog... his name is skipper. He is a miniature (debatable) Daschund (dock-sen).

He's a pretty happy puppy. He's only 8 months old and he's my cuddle bug when Jamison is gone. He loves chicken, and broccoli. He hates loud noises and "Swiffers". 
He also loves peanut butter. 

I (Ari) am a full time student. I also work as a preschool/daycare teacher for the 6 week - 1 year olds at the child development center on base. 

I love my job, and I love school sometimes. I get to wear a rainbow apron and sing "Twinkle Twinkle" about a million times a day. Even though I love the kids I work with and I probably have the best job on earth considering I get to play with babies all day long, I always look forward to coming home to my quiet (thank heavens) and non-screaming home. 

I am the luckiest person on earth. Im not planning on using this as a brag blog... I hate those. I just wanted to show you guys what I get to walk past every day when I go to work. 
Every time I look at this... I have to remind myself that maybe living 3000 miles away from home and in the middle of the ocean where the plane tickets are 700+ dollars to go home isn't so bad. 
But that vent session is for another day :)


1 comment:

  1. Yay for blogs! We have a blog too, but I am not very good at keeping it updated, Craig usually posts an amusing video every now and then though. Your view on the way to work is pretty much amazing!! Tell Jamison hello! We miss you guys! But now we can blog stalk you, so that helps :)

    ReplyDelete